Since 1851, Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company has been serving this region and helping our neighbors achieve their financial goals. We're the oldest corporation in Warren County, New York, and we're proud to serve as a cornerstone in the community through charitable giving and unmatched volunteerism. Headquartered in Glens Falls, New York, we serve Warren, Washington, northern Saratoga, Essex and Clinton counties through 30 offices.
As a full-service commercial bank, we offer a broad range of financial services, including: Online and mobile banking; Consumer and commercial loans; Trust and retirement services; Money market and deposit accounts; Asset management; Insurance services.
Our Credit Department is looking for a seasoned professional to join their team as a Senior Credit Analyst. In this capacity, you would be responsible for underwriting commercial relationships and evaluating the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit. Along with the entire Loan Group, you would work to maintain credit quality by developing current knowledge of industry trends, government regulations, and Company policies.
The responsibilities of a Senior Credit Analyst include:
> Underwrite commercial credit relationships with emphasis on larger, more complex relationships
> Pull credit reports for commercial lenders and review appraisals for credits underwritten
> Spread financial statements and prepare real estate cash flow analysis for use by commercial lenders
> Assist with interpretation of business financial statements, tax returns, and other data
> Maintain current knowledge of banking, lending, and credit industries, as well as appraisal regulations and requirements
> Assist management in creating processes/procedures to improve operational efficiencies while adhering to changes in regulations and appraisal requirements
> Create reports for management, lenders, and customers as appropriate
> Work with colleagues and management to provide guidance, training, and support to reach goals as appropriate
> Contribute to meetings with lenders and customers and attend Loan Committee meetings as appropriate
> Participate actively in community service activities as designated by community service requirements
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required; commensurate experience accepted
- 6+ years of experience in credit analysis and complex credit underwriting required
- Advanced degree or formal credit analysis training preferred
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand and interpret business financial documents
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to meet strict deadlines
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal; ability to interact with management and commercial lenders to provide quality service to customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with Access and PowerPoint a plus